Final examination questions in English for the 9th grade students of secondary schools (2018-2019 academic year)
Examination questions №1
1. Read the first two paragraphs of the text on pg. 57 (English 9, 2012) and compare it with your own room.
2. Write the plural form of following words: child, person, sheep, fish, leaf, woman, man, tooth, dress.
3. Speech topic: Your/ your classmate’s learning styles.
Examination questions №2
1. Read the first two paragraphs of the text on pg. 33 ex. 7 (English 9, 2012) and find Turkmen/Russian equivalents for following words: enthusiasm, article, competition, athletics, practically, comfortable
2. Choose the correct form of the verbs.
1) I met / was meeting a friend while I shopped / was shopping.
2) She wore / was wearing a bright red coat.
3) We both got / were getting a terrible shock.
4) While the waiter picked / was picking up the broken plates, he cut / was cutting his finger.
5) I paid / was paying for the things I bought when I heard / was hearing someone call my name.
3. Speech topic: My mom/ dad.
Examination questions №3
1. Read and translate the text on pg. 207 ex. 2 (English 9, 2012) and say what the phrase “national values” mean.
2. Complete the following sentences using have to, has to, don’t have to, doesn’t have to, should, or shouldn’t.
1. “Jahan ________ work on Saturdays.”
“That’s terrible. She ________ get a new job.”
2. “I’m tired.”
“You ________ go to bed.”
3. “I haven’t done my homework.”
“Don’t worry. You _________ do it today.”
4. “Tawus _________ wear a school uniform.”
5. “Does he _________ go on a diet?”
“No, he __________, but I think he__________.”
3. Speech topic: My goals after finishing school.
Examination questions №4
1. Read the first two paragraphs of text on pgs. 162-163 ex. 6 (English 9, 2012) and say the most memorable things about the trips.
2. Put the verb in parentheses in the right form, infinitive or -ing. Sometimes both are possible.
1) Would you like ________ (work) in a hospital?
2) I love __________ (watch) black and white movies.
3) I’m thinking of __________ (buy) a car.
4) He started ________ (play) golf last year.
5) I’d like __________ (continue) _________ (study), but I don’t have enough money.
3. Interesting facts from education systems of the USA / Great Britain.
Examination questions №5
1. Read the first three paragraphs of the text on pg. 203 ex. 1 (English 9, 2012) and say a few things about the ecology in our country.
2. Change the sentences into interrogative and negative form.
1) The children went to bed early.
2) She’s bought a cute dress.
3) He speaks English and Spanish fluently.
4) Mary has been watching television since 5 o’clock.
5) Birds usually build nests in the trees.
3. Speech topic: My dream job.
Examination questions №6
1. Read and translate the passage about “Alan Benedict” on pg. 163 (English 9, 2012) and say if you have ever thought of wildlife.
2. Make up five sentences using Past Perfect Tense form.
3. Speech topic: My favorite holidays.
Examination questions №7
1. Read the text “Halloween” on pgs. 116- 117 (English 9, 2012) and say why children say “Trick or treat !” going around the neighborhood. Have you ever experienced something like that?
2. Complete the degrees of comparison of irregular adjectives and make up three sentences of your own with them:
Many ________ _________.
Much ________ _________.
Little ________ _________.
Good _________ __________.
Bad ___________ __________.
3. Speech topic: What sort of man are you?
Examination questions №8
1. Read the first two paragraphs of the text on pg. 71, ex. 3 (English 9, 2012)
and ask three wh-questions on it.
2. Correcting mistakes.
1) What are you go to do tomorrow?
2) Where do you from?
3) Your friends they like travelling?
4) How much languages can you speak?
5) Have you ever ride a motorcycle?
6) I’ve started studying French three years ago.
3. Speech topic: Do you agree with the saying “We are what we eat”?
Examination questions №9
1. Read the first three paragraphs of the text on pgs. 150-151, ex. 2 (English 9, 2012) and tell about your learning styles.
2. Make up six sentences using Future Simple, Future Continuous forms.
3. Speech topic: My favorite writer.
Examination questions №10
1. Read the text “The British Isles” on pg. 234, ex. 3 (English 9, 2012) and say what part of the UK you’d prefer to visit.
2. Make up five sentences using “to be able” in the future form.
3. Speech topic: Changes in education system of Turkmenistan and the new educational facilities.
Examination questions №11
1. Read the passage about “Sharron Thomas” on pg. 163 (English 9, 2012) and ask three questions on what you’ve read.
2. Write the sentences using the correct form of the passive.
1) The White House / closed to the public / 2001
2) the bridge / not build / next year
3) four people / arrest / during yesterday’s soccer game
4) Hyundai cars / not make / Sweden
5) this week / 4000 books / sell
3. Speech topic: The portrait of my classmate.
Examination questions №12
1. Read the text “Guy Fawkes Night” on pg. 117 ex. 2 (English 9, 2012) and say why children collect “penny for the guy .”
2. Complete the sentences with correct form of have and have got. There are questions, negatives, positives, and various tenses.
1) How was the party yesterday? ______ you_____ a good time?
2) ‘What would you like to ______?’ ‘I ______ a Fanta, please.’
3) They ______ a party next Sunday. Would you like to come?
4) Aylar ______ her baby. It’s a girl. She is very happy.
5) Dave, can I _______ a word with you? I need your help very badly.
6) Pena, I _______ a problem, could you help me ?
3. Speech topic: My weekends.
Examination questions №13
1. Read the first three paragraphs of the letter on pg. 26 (English 9, 2012) and say where John should stay.
2. Complete the sentences with a, the, or nothing (-)
1. The tourists arrived in _____ Brazil on _____ third of September..
2. Yesterday I went to _______ bed late.
3. Ankara is _______ capital of Turkey.
4. I work for ______ company that makes _______ carpets.
5. I always come to _______ school by ______ bus.
6. We had _______ nice vacation in Scotland.
3. Speech topic: Recipe of my favorite meal.
Examination questions №14
1. Read the text on pg. 10 ex. 7 (English 9, 2012) and say if you feel in the same way.
2. Put the verbs in brackets in correct form:
1. I asked Mary what she (to look for).
2. She said she (to lose) the key to her room.
3. She was sure she (to put) it there herself and (to forget) about it.
4. Mary said she often (to lose) things because of her weak memory.
5. I asked her how much she (have to pay) for it.
3. Speech topic: The sport I do.
Examination questions №15
1. Read the text on pg. 48 ex. 3 (English 9, 2012) and say what people tried to do during New Year celebrations in the past?
2. Make up six sentences in interrogative and negative form of Future Perfect Tense.
3.Speech topic: My hobby. Why? Since when?
Examination questions №16
1. Read the first paragraph of the text on pgs. 179-180 ex. 15 (English 9, 2012) and tell when, where and how John met Sandy.
2. Add the suffixes –y, -al, -ful, -less, -tic, -ant to make adjectives from these nouns - success, luck, romance, care, health, person, importance, and choose four of them to make up sentences.
3. Speech topic: Why should we protect the nature?
Examination questions №17
1. Read the jokes on pg. 63 (English 9, 2012) and say which of the jokes you liked best and why.
2. Make 5 sentences with pronouns some, any, no and their derivatives.
3. 3. Speech topic: The sights of London.
Examination questions №18
1. Read the joke about Mark Twain on pg. 190 (English 9, 2012) and say what happened to the other American.
2. Write Past Indefiniteand Past Participle forms of following verbs: walk, come, win, sell, try, read, play, find, stop, study, die, do, visit.
3. Speech topic: Why to learn English?
Examination questions №19
1. Read the first paragraph of the text on pg. 138, ex. 6 (English 9, 2012) and give Turkmen/English equivalents for the following: settlement, significant, royal, research, situated.
2. Make up sentences with the following prepositions of place: down, up, into, out of, to, from, in front of, on, in, from, at.
3. Speech topic: Horses are the wings of the Turkmen.
Examination questions №20
1. Read the story on pg. 112 (English 9, 2012) and tell what made the storyteller unhappy.
2. Choose the correct form of the verb.
1) I’m going out before the stores will close / the store close.
2) You must call me as soon as you’ll get / you get your test results.
3) I’m sorry you’re going away. I’m glad / I’ll be glad when you’re back / you will be back.
4) I wait / I’ll wait by the phone until you call / you’ll call.
5) Lucky you! While you’re / you’ll be on vacation, I’m / I’ll be at work.
3. Speech topic: The flag of my country.
Examination questions №21
1. Read the text on pg. 104 (English 9, 2012) and say what sort of books you can find there.
2. Make up five sentences using modal verbs.
3. Speech topic: Visit to a doctor’s.
Examination questions №22
1. Read the text on pg. 191, ex. 1 (English 9, 2012) and tell what you think about the recommendations.
2. Make up five sentences using Present Continuous to express future actions.
3. Speech topic: Describe your dream home.
Examination questions №23
1. Read the first three paragraphs of the text on pg. 65 (English 9, 2012) and say which season you like best.
2. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in parentheses.
1) If she (lose) her job, she will get another.
2) If my team loses, the coach _____ something. (do)
3) If she (go) travelling around the world, she will see lots of interesting things.
4) The trees will bloom again, when the spring ______ (come).
5) You will have the cake, when the tea ________ (to be served).
3. Speech topic: How do you celebrate the New year?
Examination questions №24
1. Read the first two paragraphs of the text on pgs. 229-230 (English 9, 2012) and say what the best traits of Ahalteke horses are.
2. Correct the mistakes.
1. We turn off the light when it gets dark.
2. Mother have made some coffee.
3. One of my friends take me to the pictures last week.
4. They’s given me an English books.
5. We shall finished these work in time.
3. Speech topic: Ancient civilizations of the Turkmen land.
Examination questions №25
1. Read the text on pg. 236 (English 9, 2012) and say what you like most about the Turkmen carpets.
2. Change the following sentences into Future Continuous.
1) At 10 o’clock he is still working at the laboratory.
2) My friend was preparing for her written test when I came.
3) Were you waiting for me at the station at 8 o’clock in the morning?
4) Was his friend giving a lesson at 5 o’clock?
5) My nephew was repairing our vacuum-cleaner at 7.
3. Speech topic: Holidays in the UK /the USA.
Taýýarlan: Türkmenistanyň Milli
bilim institutynyň Dil we edebiýat
bölüminiň esasy ylmy işgäri